Within the month of September our students took part in the following activities: –
- Students in Years 7-10 received PSCHE lessons on the topics of:
Year 7: ‘Time management’, and ‘Community’
Year 8: ‘Challenging Stereotypes’, ‘Social Media’, and ‘European Day of Languages’
Year 9: ‘Challenging Stereotypes’, ‘Learning Styles’, and ‘European Day of Languages’
Year 10: ‘Time Management’, ‘Learning Styles’, and Taking Responsibility’
- Year 9 and 10 went on a trip to the University of Essex. Pupils had a tour of the University and attended lectures including Art History, Modern Foreign Languages, Philosophy, Sociology and Robotics.
- National Poetry Day was celebrated on 28th September. Teachers and pupils read and discussed five poems on the topic of freedom at the start of lessons.
- Year 6 Open Evening was held on Thursday 21st of September. Abbs Cross welcomed many prospective parents and pupils to the school.
Interform was held for Years 7, 8 and 9. The winners were:
- 7M won the Year 7 girls netball
- 8R won the Year 8 girls netball and boys football
Year 7 football team had their first match:
On Tuesday the 19th the year 7 football team played their first game for the school. The County Cup game was played away to Lister Community School. Abbs Cross opened the scoring after 4 minutes when Tom Keeley was able to score after a corner. After the break, Reece Rossington-Trotman added a second after 26 minutes before adding the third shortly after. Hugh Kelly also found the net 3 minutes later, before adding his second goal as the game neared its conclusion. A well-deserved 5-0 win.