Within the month of July our students took part in the following activities: –
- Students in Years 7-10 received PSCHE lessons on the topics of Cyber Bullying and Fake News.
- Year 10 students completed the series of summer internal assessments to test progress on their GCSE courses so far.
- Year 10 students took part in a series of Business & Enterprise Days which required them to wear formal business dress and look at different scenarios from customer service to product design.
- Awards Afternoons were held for students in Years 7-10 to celebrate effort and achievements across the year.
- We had a wonderful and competitive Sports Day with awards for some outstanding personal and group contributions.
We visited the following places: –
- Year 7 students took part in a three-day residential visit to Disneyland, Paris.
- 11 students attended the Prom at Stockbrook Manor where a wonderful celebration was had by all.
- Students in Years 7, 8 & 9 took part in a trip to Thorpe Park
- Year 9 students took part in a residential activities trip to Kingswood in the Isle of Wight.
- GCSE PE students attended the World Para Athletics Championships at the Olympic Stadium.
- Students in the AX Dance Company took part in the ‘Havering Virtual School Annual Awards’ evening at City Pavilion, Collier Row.
Abbs Cross took part in many sporting fixtures: –
- Students in Yrs. 7-10 represented the school at District Athletics in Hornchurch stadium.
- Oghenerume Okuku Year 7 girls’ shot put champion.
- Jade Kavanagh Year 10 200m champion.
- Jak Wright Year 10 800m champion.