Within the month of February our students took part in the following activities: –
Students in Years 7-11 received PSCHE lessons on the topics of:
- Year 7 – Internet Safety, 100 Years of Women’s Suffrage, Fairtrade, Knife Crime
- Year 8 – Internet Safety, Knife Crime
- Year 9 – Internet Safety, GCSE Options
- Year 10 – Internet Safety, 100 Years of Women’s Suffrage, FGM
- Year 11 – Internet Safety, 100 Years of Women’s Suffrage, SGE and Revision
- Internet Safety Week for all year groups.
- Year 9 had additional assemblies regarding GCSE Options.
Pupils took part in several events, including:
- The Music Department took a group of pupils to the O2 Arena to take part in Young Voices.
- Year 11 pupils visited Queen’s College Cambridge to understand more about University life.
- Over half term pupils spent a week visiting locations and schools across India.
- As part of their GCSE the Year 11 Russian students spent their Half Term holiday in Russia, giving them opportunity to practise their language skills for their upcoming exams.
- Year 9 all took part in radicalisation awareness led by Kidscape.
- 7M the Year 7 table tennis interform competition.
- Havering trampolining competition, Year 8s came 3rd and Year 9 came 5th. Abbs Cross came 2nd in Year 10, with Daisy Campbell coming 2nd overall.
- Year 10 won their most recent football match 3-2.