In RE we are learning about the 6 major world religions:
They could create fact files and research the following questions for each religion:
- What are the main beliefs of the religion?
- What are the followers of each religion called?
- What are the main practices for the religion?
- Does the religion have and celebration and commemorations?
- Are there any prophets in the religion?
- Does it share any of the same beliefs as any other religion?
- Are any places visited for pilgrimage?
- How many followers are there of the religion?
- Are there and denominations or sects with different beliefs within the same religion?
- What is their place or worship called and what happens there?
Produce a promotional booklet based on one of the following baked products that has been adapted to be healthier.
- Sponge cake
Include the information on the ingredients used, allergy advice, logo (company name) cost to buy and if the product comes in any other varieties or flavours.
DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY
Find a product which really inspires you. Research:
- Who designed it
- What their motivation/ inspiration was
- When they designed it
- Who did they work for when they designed it (Were they an independent designer or work for a company?)
- What impact it has had on society
- Who the target market is
- The RRP of the product
The below additional tasks will assist with your skills in Music:
- Listen to various styles of music in your spare time
- Understand and acknowledge different sounds and instruments that you can hear in the music
- Watch keyboard tutorials, learning how to play your favourite songs on the keyboard
- Request to book the Music room, to rehearse and gain feedback from your teacher
Dance topics studied in Year 7:
- Dance Appreciation: 5 Basic Body Actions
- Dance for Musicals: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- Dance Genre: Street Jazz
The below additional tasks will assist with your skills in Drama:
- Reading different genres of books will increase your knowledge and understanding of
- Be able to identify, demonstrate and explain still image, narration, mime and thought tracking
- Plan performances/ write miniature scripts based on ‘Haunted House’ or ‘Pantomime’