Important Exams information for students and parents/carers – Rules and Regulations
Please ensure you familiarise yourself with the following information regarding rules and regulations for exams. These are extremely important documents that outline everything you need to know about the conduct and behaviour that is expected from you when taking your exams.
- Instructions for Coursework
- Instructions for Taking On-screen Examinations
- Instructions for Taking Written Examinations
- Mobile Phones
- Warning to Candidates
These rules are defined by the Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ), which is an organisation comprising of the seven largest providers of qualifications in the UK. They determine the guidelines that we need to follow as a school and as a student to ensure that exams are conducted in a fair and responsible way.
Please be aware that any breach of these instructions can constitute malpractice and may result in the Examination Board disqualifying the student from that particular exam. In more serious cases of malpractice, the Examination Boards reserve the right to remove a student from all existing exams that were due to be taken.
Planning a Successful Journey through Exams
- Become familiar with the way that each exam course is taught.
- Be clear about what is being examined and how.
- Know when examinations are due to take place.
- Look ahead and see how the programme being studied has been prepared.
- Look ahead and anticipate times when work has to be complete and passed on for assessment.
When students receive a full examination timetable check the dates and add them to calendars and planners.
Links to Exam Boards for your revision
Revise and prepare for your exams by practicing on past exam papers. Past papers are a handy way for you to check the level of questions you will need to answer in an exam and hence this makes them a great revision tool.
Past papers will not help you predict the questions or topics that are likely to come up in exams but you can use them to:
- Assess whether you have learnt the material;
- Identify gaps in your knowledge.
To access past papers to help with your revision, please click on the exam board links below:
- AQA Exam Board Past Papers;
- Edexcel Exam Board Past Papers;
- OCR Exam Board Past Papers;
- WJEC Exam Board Past Papers.
Please contact the school if you have any questions.
All future examinations will be notified to students and available on the school website.
The examinations officer will circulate the exam timetables for both external and internal examinations once these are confirmed.
Any candidate who fails to turn up for an examination due to illness must contact the Examinations Office on the morning of the examination and produce a valid medical certificate