ABBS CROSS IN THE MONTH OF MARCH
Within the month of March our students took part in the following activities: –
Students in Years 7-11 received PSCHE lessons on the topics of:
- Year 7 – National Careers Week, Money, CSE, Easter
- Year 8 – National Careers Week, The Media, Self-harm, Easter
- Year 9 – National Careers Week, Knife Crime, Making Decisions
- Year 10 – National Careers Week, Identity and Image, Healthy Relationships, Easter
- Year 11 – National Careers Week, Bank Accounts, Cultural Diversity, Easter
- Year 7 – Fulfilling Your Potential, Developing Your Identity, Healthy Relationships, Easter
- Year 8 – Developing Your Identity, Easter
- Year 9 – Options, Healthy Relationships, Easter
- Year 10 – Fulfilling Your Potential, Developing Your Identity, Healthy Relationships, Easter
- Year 11 – Fulfilling Your Potential, Developing Your Identity, Healthy Relationships, Easter
Pupils took part in several events, including:
- Year 9 pupils and their parents attended a very successful options evening. Pupils and parents discussed with subject leaders the courses that they will be taking next year, and the pathways that they can lead to in the future.
- Year 7 and Year 8 have been taking part in STEM club.
- Battle of the Bands saw 12 bands from all year groups compete, performing hit songs to a packed out hall. Congratulations to The Echoes and The Fourth Wall who won The Audience and Judges’ Prizes respectively.
- 58 pupils visited Cambridge University.
- Year 10 GCSE Geography students visited Stratford to see the effects of recent urban regeneration and sustainability.
- Pupils from Year 9 to 11 visited Ypres to see important historical events from WW1.
- Pupils visited India, seeing the Taj Mahal, Sun City School and the Mughal capital of Fatephur Sikri.
- Year 11 GCSE students spent a week in Russia, visiting in the sights Moscow and St Petersburg.
- Pupils took part in the Havering Swimming Gala.
- Abbs Cross represented Havering in the KS3 and KS4 Dance Championships. Both groups came 7th out of 33.
- The Year 11 football team narrowly lost their Essex Cup semi-final match 1-0. A big well done to the whole team for making it so far in the competition.