The Dance Department presented The Dance Off 2018, on on Thursday 1st November 2018, in the main assembly hall of Abbs Cross Academy.
The event was a sell-out and the atmosphere was fantastic, showcasing two categories of performers, performing multiple genres of dance.
Performers from each category included:
- Rebecca (Year 8) and Dulcie (Year 8): Choreography to New Rules
- Lily (Year 7): Choreography to Thousand Years
- Megan (Year 9), Ruby (Year 8) and Ronnie (Year 7): Choreography to Street Mix
- Scarlet (Year 8) and Sydney (Year 8): Choreography to 24K Magic
- Kiera (Year 9) and Jessica (Year 9): Choreography to Where Have You Been
- Lucy (Year 10) and Daniel (Year 10): Choreography to Finesse
- Lauri (Year 11) and Erin (Year 11): Choreography to Carousel
- Kian (Year 10): Choreography to Evolution of Dance
- Louis (Year 11): Choreography to Dancing On My Own
- Allysa (Year 10) and Harriet (Year 10): Choreography to Street Mix
- Lara (Year 11) and Katie (Year 8): Choreography to River
Jessica and Lauren (both Year 11), did a fantastic job of hosting the Dance Off. The hosts introduced the acts, calmed the nerves of performers, congratulated peers and request comments from the judges; Miss Clark (Teacher of Drama and English), Mr Coen (AHT, Teacher of English and Media) and myself (CTL of Dance and Acting CTL of Music).
All students performed with excellent confidence, commitment, technical and expressive skills. I am so proud of all students that performed during this incredible event.
- Runner Up KS3: Kiera (Year 9) and Jessica (Year 9)
- Winner KS3: Lily (Year 7)
- Runner Up KS4: Lara (Year 11) and Katie (Year 8)
- Winner KS4: Louis (Year 11)
A special thanks goes to the performing arts staff, judges and supporting staff that came and watched this event, to support students and the dance department