Within the month of May our students took part in the following activities: –
Students in Years 7-11 received PSCHE lessons on the topics of:
- Year 7 – Anger Management, Racism and Diversity, Racism
- Year 8 – Sexting, Mental Health Awareness, Cultural Diversity
- Year 9 – Mental Health, Cultural Diversity
- Year 10 – Forced Marriage, Mental Health Awareness, Cultural Diversity
- Year 11 – Targeted Revision, Mental Health Awareness, Cultural Diversity
- Year 7 – Heroes
- Year 9 – Heroes
- Year 10 – Heroes
Pupils took part in several events, including:
- Sir David Carter, The National Schools Commissioner visited and had a tour of the school on the 4th of May as part of a day in residence. He was highly impressed by staff and pupils.
- Volunteers took part in a Food Bank Visit. 12 students in Year 10 helped Shelter with their charitable work in the local community.
- 33 Year 10 pupils studying Business Studies spent 3 nights in New York visiting sights including The UN, The Wall Street Stock Exchange, The Statue of Liberty, and Broadway to see School of Rock.
- History students took part in a Jack the Ripper tour around London.