Within the month of June our students took part in the following activities: –
Students in Years 7-11 received PSCHE lessons on the topics of:
- Year 7 – Healthy eating, Hygiene, Sports week
- Year 8 – Cultural diversity, Your opinions, Healthy Lifestyles, Sports week
- Year 9 – Cultural diversity, Women in society, You and your feelings, Sports week
- Year 10 – Cultural diversity, Time management, What is fake news?, Responsibility
- Abbs Cross won against Bower Park in the Year 9 cricket.
- The PE department ran well-attended rounders events for Years 7-10.
- After a successful Year 7 athletics trials Joel Hutton and Katie Ennis
Pupils took part in several events, including:
- Year 11 finished their GCSE examinations this month. We wish them every success in the next stage of their lives, and look forward to seeing them on Results Day.
- In addition, the Year 11 Prom was a great success, with over 150 pupils attending and saying their farewells to Abbs Cross.
- 34 Year 9 pupils spent a day at Havering College learning about the applications of Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths. They took part in programming robots, virtual reality, and design tasks.
- The incoming Year 7 pupils had their induction day. The pupils took part in science experiments, a maths investigation and took part in taster sessions for art, French, and humanities. Their day finished with a performance from current Abbs Cross students.